How are your plans for 2016 coming along so far? Have you reviewed your goals and objectives for Q1 yet? If not, this would be a great time to get on that, as the end of Q1 is happening in just a few days...
Here's how I do my own review:
1) I look back on all the positive forward motion and action steps taken since January 1st and list them as bullet points in an Evernote file entitled, Q1 2016 WINS. Here are a few of my highlights:
- Accepted an offer to direct and choreograph Ring of Fire at Cape Cod Theatre Company, hired cast/crew and started rehearsals for our May 12th opening
- Wrapped up and received my commission on a long term sponsorship deal
- Attended every session of my leadership class (we're halfway thru) and made tons of new connections so far
- Scored seven amazing speakers for HobNob Artists Networking events (so far) plus my first facilitator for a new HobNob Biz Secrets workshop series
- Completed Module 1 in the Holistic Fashionista Academy sales class I'm taking (it's awesome!) and created a super successful survey (you can take it here)
- Did a radio interview on financial expert, Chris Boyd's Something More show (WXTK); a Blab podcast with Brand Strategist, Heather Poduska; and my leadership Academy seminar on Zoom for Angel Quintana, CEO of Holistic Fashionista
- Booked a guest appearance on Mindy Todd's popular morning radio show,The Point on March 30th (NPR/WCAI), and on Pandora Peoples' Healing Wisdom show on April 27th (WOMR)
- Booked a speaking gig for the Art Educators Association meeting at the Cape Cod Museum on April 28th
- Rehearsed choreography for another sold out production of Cotuit on the Road / Brave Horse Music's hit show, What the World Needs Now at the Dan'l Webster Inn on 3/25 (tonight!)
- Taught two sessions of dance classes at Cotuit Center for the Arts and booked my class to perform at the Cape Cod Makers Fair in Mashpee on April 30th
- Booked a gig instructing business courses for post-traditional learners at Bridgewater State University starting in May (stay tuned!)
- Booked a gig teaching dance classes for Cape Cod Child Development in August
- Attended Cape & Plymouth Business magazine's first Digital Marketing Summit, wow, that was fabulous! Learned a ton and made a bunch of new connections in just one day!
Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about Q1 2016 -- that's just the short list! Feeling like I'm on track for more wins in Q2.
Now it's time to talk about your Q2! What's your plan? You know, your P-L-A-N. Do you have one?
No, I'm not talking about what time you arrive at work or where you have to drive which kid to which practice after school. I'm talking about the plan to move you forward this year. The big picture. The moving parts and tiny baby steps that will take you outside of your comfort zone. Yeah, that plan.
If you do have one, yippee! You are on track to reaching your goals and succeeding at what you want to achieve. If you don't have one, it's time. Don't you think it's time?
Need some simple solutions? Here's what I do:
1) Use Evernote
Have I mentioned that I LOVE Evernote?? It's an app I use all the time. I have about a gajillion different notebooks in my Evernote. I use Evernote to dictate my writing, on my phone, in my car, while driving. Makes me feel like Jane Jetson. I LOVE it. You can also use Evernote to write down goals that you can look at anytime you pick up your phone. If you're anything like me, you pick up your phone about a gajillion times a day. So make a goals notebook, and start writing.
2) Try the Experts' secret
Write your goals as if they are happening right now. Don't say, I wish I had a million dollars. Say, I am soooo happy and grateful that I have a million dollars! Why am I so blessed to have so much money all the time? It is so wonderful that I always have plenty of money to take care of my bills, my family and all the other things I want to do, have, buy and give. See the difference? Feel the difference.
3) Find a calendar and use it
Try Google calendar, iCalendar or for an inexpensive printed version, go to www.printfree.com, choose a template, then print out all 12 months. That way, you won't have to remember to go back and do this each and every month. Done.
4) Dig out some colored pencils, assign categories and get started
If you're plotting your business plan, maybe you want to fill in marketing, networking, sales, admin, social media, customer service and other events. Don't forget your content plan! And don't EVER forget to block out VACATION time!! It is totally up to you, this plan and its deets. Trust me though, use different colors for each category.
5) Pick different days and/or times for each category
This has to depend on your existing schedule. Try to group similar activities together on the same day/time as much as possible to save you time.
6) Read your goals and review your plan daily or at least weekly
Keep your eyes on the prize. This step is key for motivation. We all need fresh motivation every day, just like we need food for fuel.
Planning is easy, right? Right! You can totally do this.
Did you miss my live seminar on leadership that I did for the Holistic Fashionista Academy last week?
No worries, you can purchase the recordings for a song, and if you want to get in on all the rest of the juicy expert seminars happening this month, just follow this link and sign up for FREE!
Here's what Holistic Fashionista's CEO, Angel Quintana has to say about these seminars:
"Our Academy Seminar Instructors share what’s REALLY worked in their business…
Each instructor has a very different kind of business. From teaching CPR to being a stylist or selling a physical product or retreats, they each share one common theme:
What has worked for them in their business is drastically different than the other! So what does that really mean?
It means that NO two businesses are alike and a marketing strategy that works for one, may not necessarily work for another.
So instead of coercing you into drinking the Kool-Aid, we’d much rather serve you green juice.
So what do I mean by Kool-Aid anyway?
Kool-aid is over-hyped marketing strategies that promise you HUGE, unrealistic results in seconds.
In the internet marketing world, there are A LOT of people teaching “fluffy” stuff. They might give you 1 tool or 1 strategy on how to get ahead in your business, but you never get the whole story. That’s why we prefer Green Juice!
We like our marketing strategies to align with our brands and that means what works for one person won’t necessarily work for you.
What makes the Holistic Fashionista Academy Seminars event different?
• I PERSONALLY vouch for these individuals because I have worked with each of them to grow and expand their business. And most importantly, they are the REAL DEAL.
• I asked them to teach something that has made ALL the difference in growing their business (translation: they wouldn’t be where they are today without it)
• This is a live seminar and when I say live I mean you will see our faces LIVE, in the flesh. (No editing. Just raw fuel for your business!)
• They are genuine. It’s hard to find out there when every five seconds someone is promoting how to build a 6-figure business in 5 minutes using Facebook ads and they literally have 30 likes on their page.
I don’t know about you, but here at Holistic Fashionista we are SICK and TIRED of the watered down mumbo jumbo that tastes like a sugary BS internet marketing scam.
Because after all, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Live and learn.
So, get ready for an event that is jam-packed with holistic business advice from an array of niche marketers who are here to show you, there is NO one way to build your business fast. There are LOTS of ways and we are going to talk about 10 of them during this event!
Do me one quick favor and share this event with someone you think is awesome! I’ve built my tribe of rad people because rad people attract rad people."
© 2016 Pamela C Wills, Int’l
Revolution Ringleader Pamela C Wills is a choreographer and writer with a passion for business who teaches multitalented creatives how to turn their talents into cash. Her Get Your Big Break! program dives into three strategies to level up your creative success. Want to make money in the arts? Don’t just dabble in your art, download your FREE report, "Turn Your Talents into Cash: 10 Simple Steps" at www.PamelaCWills.com and start calling YOUR shots today!