We've spent a lot of time talking press releases this month in an effort to help you get yourself and your work out there more. Did my tips help? Have you put any of them to good use? Message me, I'd love to hear all about your wins!
Now, with October coming to a close and the final two months of the year upon us, it's time for a quick review of your third quarter, with an eye towards finishing the year strong. Let's review first:
- How was your #artbiz income in July, August and September?
- Did you reach your targeted sales levels?
- Did you have any repeat customers/fans/followers?
- How many new customers/fans/followers did you gain?
- Are you up to date with all of your invoicing?
- Have you received all of your outstanding invoices?
- Have you logged all of your expenses for the third quarter yet?
- Did you keep and organize your receipts?
- Are you up to date with all of your receivables?
- Have you made all of your vendor and creditor payments on time?
- Are you breaking even yet?
- If not, how much would you have to earn in order to break even?
- Are there any expenses you could reasonably cut until you are breaking even?
- If you have broken even already, what have you done to celebrate?? =)
- How do your final two months of 2015 look as far as income and expenses go?
- Do you have a marketing, sales and promotion plan in place for the holidays?
- What can you do to earn more cash and finish the year in the black?
- Have you looked ahead to the first quarter of 2016 and developed an income plan for the beginning of the year? How about a sales and marketing plan?
- What can you do to earn money with your talent in the first few months of next year and start 2016 on the right foot?
These are the questions you must ask yourself as an entrepreneur, my friend. Planning and reviewing are every bit as important as the doing.
TIP: Don't let yourself get sucked into the black hole of worry -- that's like praying for what you don't want to happen! Instead, focus on money making activities. Take a moment every morning to jot down three ideas for making money with your talent, no matter how wild and crazy they might seem. Eventually, a couple of those ideas will stick, just like spaghetti against the wall when it's cooked just right. ;)
Not sure how to do any of this? Take my upcoming workshop, Business Secrets for Creative Rebels and get some help!
© 2015 Pamela C Wills, Int’l
Revolution Ringleader Pamela C Wills is a choreographer and writer with a passion for business who teaches multitalented creatives how to turn talents into cash. Her Get Your Big Break! program dives into three strategies to level up your creative success. Want to make money in the arts? Don’t just dabble in your art, download your FREE report, "Turn Your Talents into Cash: 10 Simple Steps" at www.PamelaCWills.com and start calling YOUR shots today!