Did you miss my live seminar on leadership that I did for the Holistic Fashionista Academy last week?
No worries, I'm going to recap it for you right here today. And if you want to get in on all the rest of the juicy expert seminars happening this month, just follow this link and sign up for FREE!
In my seminar last week, I talked with my pal Angel Quintana (CEO of Holistic Fashionista) about leadership and how it has become an essential element of my business growth. We also discussed how creative entrepreneurs like you can tap into your leadership skills to grow your own business.
In the seminar, we offered three main points:
1) Start off by owning your passion and mission
Call yourself by your name: If you're an Artist, shout it out loud! If you're the CEO of your own business, say it! If you're at the top of your game, call yourself a leader! You have to step into those bigger shoes and assume the mantle. Walk the talk, right??
2) Next, decide on your cause/mission
Decide on your purpose so you don't end up like another rebel without a cause. Your mission is your rocket fuel and will keep you motivated for the long haul.
3) Last but not least, get out there and talk it up!
No one will know what you're working on if you don't talk about it. Network, network, network -- both online and offline. The more you talk about your purpose, the easier it gets. The more you advocate for your cause, the more attention you will get for it. The more you promote your mission, the more people you will attract to follow you.
At the end of the seminar, I also quoted some leaders on their thoughts about leadership. I only mentioned a few on the live seminar, but here is my complete list of leadership concepts, followed by appropriate quotes:
- Leadership is a privilege
“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” —Albert Einstein
- Leadership demands a compelling and inspiring message or cause
"Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems." --Brian Tracy
- Focus and clear goals are essential
“Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” —Farrah Gray
“All our dreams can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.” --Walt Disney
- Communicate clearly, simply and often
"Great leaders are almost always great simplifiers, who can cut through argument, debate, and doubt to offer a solution everybody can understand." --Colin Powell
- Use your network – seek out collabs and teamwork -- hire and build good, effective teams -- foster a culture of teamwork
"Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being." --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- Be accountable and transparent
“Truth never damages a cause that is just.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
“Sunlight is the best disinfectant.” ― William O. Douglas
- Give your people credit where it’s due and more, don’t hog the spotlight – balanced with humble acceptance of admiration
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists. When his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves." --Lao Tzu
- Live the qualities of humility, integrity, trust, truth and selflessness
"Do what you feel in your heart to be right, for you'll be criticized anyway." --Eleanor Roosevelt
- Have the courage to take risks, take responsibility, stand alone, speak out
"A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent." --Douglas MacArthur
- Stay humble, move past/beyond ego, do what you gotta do
"The price of greatness is responsibility." --Winston Churchill
- Be willing to compromise and negotiate
“To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.” —Eleanor Roosevelt
- Always be learning, allow change and growth, be a lifelong learner; never stop being engaged and curious
"Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other." --John F. Kennedy
- Mentor and be mentored
"The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership." --Harvey S. Firestone
- Execute and take action
“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” —Ayn Rand
- Be open and say yes all the time, be positive
“Cynics always say no. Saying yes leads to knowledge. So for as long as you have the strength to, say yes.” - Stephen Colbert
“In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision.” - Dalai Lama
- Learn from and listen to your most unhappy customers, clients, tribe members
"Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right thing." --Peter F. Drucker
- Love what you do and do it better than anyone else
"Whatever you are, be a good one." --Abraham Lincoln
“Be so good they can’t ignore you.” --Steve Martin
- Surround yourself with smart people, experts; consider your environment
"The function of leadership is to produce more leaders, not more followers." --Ralph Nader
- Find and practice what inspires you, motivate yourself daily
“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing--that's why we recommend it daily.” -- Zig Ziglar
- Learn from your mistakes – there are no failures, only lessons
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." --Winston Churchill
BONUS: Assume you’re awesome!
"Don't follow the crowd, let the crowd follow you." --Margaret Thatcher
I hope you find some inspo and moto in these quotes!! Hit reply and tell me what you think!
Meanwhile, don't forget to sign up for the rest of the FREE seminars HERE (you can also purchase the whole seminar series for download when you register)
Here's what Holistic Fashionista's CEO, Angel Quintana has to say about these seminars:
"Our Academy Seminar Instructors share what’s REALLY worked in their business…
Each instructor has a very different kind of business. From teaching CPR to being a stylist or selling a physical product or retreats, they each share one common theme:
What has worked for them in their business is drastically different than the other! So what does that really mean?
It means that NO two businesses are alike and a marketing strategy that works for one, may not necessarily work for another.
So instead of coercing you into drinking the Kool-Aid, we’d much rather serve you green juice.
So what do I mean by Kool-Aid anyway?
Kool-aid is over-hyped marketing strategies that promise you HUGE, unrealistic results in seconds.
In the internet marketing world, there are A LOT of people teaching “fluffy” stuff. They might give you 1 tool or 1 strategy on how to get ahead in your business, but you never get the whole story. That’s why we prefer Green Juice!
We like our marketing strategies to align with our brands and that means what works for one person won’t necessarily work for you.
What makes the Holistic Fashionista Academy Seminars event different?
• I PERSONALLY vouch for these individuals because I have worked with each of them to grow and expand their business. And most importantly, they are the REAL DEAL.
• I asked them to teach something that has made ALL the difference in growing their business (translation: they wouldn’t be where they are today without it)
• This is a live seminar and when I say live I mean you will see our faces LIVE, in the flesh. (No editing. Just raw fuel for your business!)
• They are genuine. It’s hard to find out there when every five seconds someone is promoting how to build a 6-figure business in 5 minutes using Facebook ads and they literally have 30 likes on their page.
I don’t know about you, but here at Holistic Fashionista we are SICK and TIRED of the watered down mumbo jumbo that tastes like a sugary BS internet marketing scam.
Because after all, if it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Live and learn.
So, get ready for an event that is jam-packed with holistic business advice from an array of niche marketers who are here to show you, there is NO one way to build your business fast. There are LOTS of ways and we are going to talk about 10 of them during this event!
Do me one quick favor and share this event with someone you think is awesome! I’ve built my tribe of rad people because rad people attract rad people."
Friends are awesome, aren't they?? =)
© 2016 Pamela C Wills, Int’l
Revolution Ringleader Pamela C Wills is a choreographer and writer with a passion for business who teaches multitalented creatives how to turn their talents into cash. Her Get Your Big Break! program dives into three strategies to level up your creative success. Want to make money in the arts? Don’t just dabble in your art, download your FREE report, "Turn Your Talents into Cash: 10 Simple Steps" at www.PamelaCWills.com and start calling YOUR shots today!